I have always made crispy Peanut Butter Cookies, but a few months ago, after having a conversation with my friend Tina, I decided it was time to come up with a soft and chewy version. Tina totally agreed of course, since she consumes a lot of my experiments and loves peanut butter as well. I used my regular recipe for Peanut Butter Cookies and started tweaking it…it took a couple of attempts, and finally I came up with the texture I was looking for…chewy, peanut buttery, and not too thin. I got a thumbs up from Tina and had to quote the definition of “share” to her. Lol!
Well anyhow, here’s how I made them… The yummy recipe follows my illustration!
First I mixed some flour and baking soda together in a large bowl and set aside…
Next, in the bowl of my stand mixer, I mixed together some softened butter, peanut butter, eggs, corn syrup, brown sugar, granulated sugar and pure vanilla…
I mixed the ingredients on medium speed for about two minutes until it was really smooth, making sure that all of the brown sugar had dissolved and there were no little lumps of brown sugar in the mixture…
Next I poured the flour mixture in with the wet mixture….
And mixed it just until it was incorporated…
I dropped mounds of dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet, using a large cookie scoop and used my fingers to sort of round them up…
Then I used my spatula to slightly flatten the mounds of dough…
I baked them until the bottoms were golden brown…
and the tops were lightly browned… and transferred them to a wire rack to cool…(they puff up slightly while in the oven and somewhat flatten as they cool). Now how quick and easy was that!
If you love peanut butter, you need to try these soon!
Cindy @ My Country Table
Soft and chewy, yummy peanut butter loaded, cookies!
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter, (not natural)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 stick real butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk the flour and baking soda together in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, using the paddle attachment, mix the peanut butter, sugars, butter, vanilla, corn syrup and eggs together on medium speed. Mix until smooth and creamy and there are no lumps remaining in the brown sugar, about one minute.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix just until incorporated.
- Using a large cookie scoop, drop mounds onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes until the bottoms are golden brown and the tops are light brown. Let cookies cool on the cookie sheet for two minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- One cup of peanut butter baking chips can be added to the cookie dough if desired.